Thursday, October 18, 2007

sweet memories....where are they?

Childhood and years at college are often associated with memories, sweet and funny. Images of friends and yesterdays bringing smiles and tears. how often do we hear people talking about that uncle, this neighbour, that naughty cousin, how they played in slush, in the rain, in the fields, having such a good time in college, always bringing a smile and occasionally laughter at the very thought.

But when people ask me about my childhood, all i give them is a blank stare. What really happened in my childhood? Or for that matter my college days? Why is it that i don't remember being a child? what went on through all those years of schooling and college education? All the events, incidents that i do remember is simply with the help of other people. what is the most memorable thing to have happend to you? no clue. did you have a great time in college? Nothing that i remember.

friends will part but the memories of the times spent with them will always remain. I do remember my friends but the time spent with them? I dont know. I was always a dreamer, always lost in my own sweet little paradise.

I didnt have a childhood, I didn't have an adolescence, I'll never know if i was a teenager or attended college, save for my university marks sheets.

What is it that blocks my memories?

No comments: