Friday, June 27, 2008

Status Update

Its ironic how different things are right now and how they were just two months ago. Today I have what I had always wanted. I've got work ( if you ask tere paas kya hai...you know my answer) and I've got a temporary goal. Plus the possibility of going back to my professional home (yea..thats gvc. Not sure how things are over there though. Hope I feel the same connection). And now I keep wishing that, for at least a week, I go back to my pre-project state. As of today, I work without looking left or right, without wasting even a single passing moment and therefore do not have time to study and my social life is about as vibrant as a reclusive tibetan monk or a cloistered nun. I don't talk to my parents, siblings, relatives and friends. Well people, if by chance you are reading this, I suppose you can forgive me (if it was an issue).

So what am I cribbing about? (yup...I crib about everything. And if I don't, it means something is wrong). I spend so much time doing my work, preparing for CAT and in the bargain sacrificing the small (and only) pleasures of life, all in the hope that it will going to pay off. BUT I DON'T SEE IT HAPPENING. My performance at office has not been satisfactory. My scores in SIM CAT's are pathetic (yup..second time in a row did not clear the cutoffs). My attempts at playing in a band have just been shoved up my ass. And now I have so much work piled up on me but I'm still writing this stupid status update.

Its too much to take
Its too much to make
For another's sake
An image which is fake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am Rajesh from SiliconIndia. I am also an avid blogger for a while now and participating actively in Indian blogosphere. I read your blog posting and found them very interesting and informative. We would love to see a copy of your blogs posted here, whenever you are posting it on blogger.com. Here are some of the benefits of posting your blogs here:

We have a strong community of 500,000 Indian professionals
Best blogs of 2008 to be published in a book "SiliconIndia bLoG PrinT"
Best blog to be printed in SliconIndia & SmartTechie magazines each month
Chance to be featured on homepage everyday


We appreciate your community initiative here and in helping build a more powerful India! Also, if you have any ideas or want to volunteer to help for SiliconIndia, we would be more than excited to get your help. Pls mail me back at rajesh@siliconindia.com with your suggestions and feedback.

Rajesh
Blog Editor- SiliconIndia
9886734775

Parul said...

Hey,

Life isn't all that bad. We all love cribbing but hate to do something about it.

Relax. Go for a tea break. Have a chocolate. Flirt.
You'll feel good.

lemon tea said...

Surprise, surprise. I am so pleasantly surprised that the bloggers work I had subscribed to actually read my blog.

Parul, nice to see you around. Just hope you keep visiting and keep updating your blog too.